The Accounting Manager supports the Controller in the management of various accounting functions of TELACU Residential Management (TRM), Inc. and TELACU Property Management (TPM); Inc. including providing structure and guidance to accounting personnel.
- Responsible for cash flow management including reviewing weekly cash reports and deposit logs. Reconcile balance to deposit registers from managers and disburse funds from 9250 forms.
- Responsible for payroll verification including reviewing the allocations to payroll register for each pay period and match the allocation against Personnel Action (PA) forms.
- Review security deposit dispositions match the balance to rent roll and tenant ledger. Ensure security deposit dispositions are mailed with the 21 day requirement.
- Responsible for month-end closing for assigned properties and TRM Corporate.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements for assigned properties including TRM Corporate.
- Review bank reconciliations for TPM portfolios.
- Coordinate with outside auditors for completion of reviews and audits.
- Assist Controller with the preparation of the annual operating budgets for TRM and TPM.
- Assist Controller with establishing policies and procedures for the accounting department.
- Complete special projects assigned by the Controller and TRM/TPM President.
- Ensure financial compliance for agency grants (federal, state, local) and GAAP.
- Enforce personnel policy and procedures.
- Play a crucial role in the growth, development and smooth function of the financial performance of the staff that supports it and in collaboration with accounting staff members, while providing direction, training, increased productivity and policy enforcement.
- Hires and terminates accounting personnel
- Creates and provides performance evaluations at 45 days, 90 days, and annually.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, required. CPA license is highly desired. Minimum 5 years’ experience in the supervision of two or more accounting personnel. Minimum 5 years general ledger maintenance with multiple entities. Minimum 5 years “hands-on” experience with a mainframe accounting software. Knowledge of HUD multifamily housing regulations and property management preferred. Extensive experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to work multiple-entity files, ability to multitask, can prioritize and is organized; excellent verbal and writing skills required. JD Edwards and Yardi experience is a plus. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance and a driving record that meets TELACU Residential Management insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work.
PHYSICAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Manual Dexterity: Work requires regular speed and accuracy for most of the working day.
Physical Effort: Work requires infrequent physical demands.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions.
Hazards: Little or no exposure to hazards.
Equipment Use: PC, keyboard, copier, scanner, facsimile.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.