The Budget Analyst I is responsible for preparing and submitting budgets annually for the TELACU Residential Management, Inc. (TRM) and TELACU Property Management, Inc. (TPM) portfolio. Secondly, supports the President to ensure rent increases are requested as needed along with extending contracts with expiration dates. Internally, budgets are to be analyzed and variances communicated to management. Lastly, assists in submitting welfare exemptions to the State Board of Equalization and/or the County Assessor’s office.
- Assists in compiling data and preparing the operating budgets for all affordable housing projects.
- Submits operating budgets to local agency (HUD, CalHFA, TCAC, and/or city agencies) for approval which includes communication with agency representatives.
- Updates and maintains project data within budget files (i.e. Replacement Reserve history, Rent Schedules, Management Certifications, etc.).
- Enters budget amounts into mainframe accounting software.
- Renews federal or local agency contracts (HUD, State and City agencies).
- Annually updates management fees and central office costs and ensures recording is revised accordingly.
- Prepares assigned schedules and documents for annual external audit and agency audits.
- Assists in preparing and submitting welfare exemptions and ensures property taxes reflect exemption.
- Keeps informed of “Federal Register” and “HUD Clips” revisions and conveys to management.
- Assists in monthly general ledger reviews.
- Completes special projects assigned by the President and Controller.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
AA Diploma or equivalent is required. Minimum two years general ledger experience, minimum one year “hands on” budget preparation, gathering data and analysis preferred, minimum two years “hands on” experience with a mainframe accounting software, extensive experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, ability to work with multiple entity files and ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively. Multi-tasked; prioritized and organized; detail oriented; hard working and focused; ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance and a driving record that meets TELACU Residential Management, Inc. insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work.