Under general supervision, the Building Maintenance Level I performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repairs for assigned senior housing facility and upholds TELACU Property Management’s (TPM) highest standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects the grounds, building and mechanical equipment daily for safety and health hazards
- Works with the Resident Manager in completing Service Requests for tenants within 24 hours of Reports the completion of repairs to the Regional Maintenance Supervisor and maintains work logs.
- Cleans and prepares vacant units for Removes old finishes and prepares surfaces for repair, sanding and patching as needed. Completes the vacant unit checklist and submits to the Resident Manager for quality review.
- Mixes cleaning solutions to appropriate Stores all cleaning solutions and chemicals used in a proper labeled container and safe manner as established by the Maintenance Manual.
- Cleans facility offices and all common areas according to the daily housekeeping janitorial
- Removes graffiti within 24 hours of observation/notice.
- Coordinates Services Requests with the Building Technician (for minor/major technical issues).
- Acts as the liaison between vendors and the Regional Maintenance Supervisor by providing access to senior housing facility
- Orders pre-approved janitorial supplies, chemicals and materials and ensures proper inventory amounts are available for
- Actively uses safe work
- Maintains the highest ethical
- Understands and lives by TPM’s business conduct and
- Adheres to eTime management systems and attendance
- Drives own vehicle to other facilities and/or supply stores, as
- Responds to after-hour and weekend
- Performs other duties as
- Must be at least 18 years of
- Effective oral and/or written communication and proficient in
- Broad experience in building maintenance in the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, gas-powered
- Displays initiative, good judgement and flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends as
- Possesses the physical and mental requirements to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable
- Must be a customer service oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work independently; strong ability to prioritize and follow daily schedule, flexible to changes in work assignments and/or work
- Must utilize own vehicle in the course of Must possess necessary insurance and license requirement to operate vehicle for work related functions.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective working relationships with company representatives, vendors, auditors, and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A High School and/or GED diploma and minimum of one year of custodial, building and mechanical maintenance experience. Have basic computer knowledge. Strong familiarity with the use of hand and power tools, preferred.
Must have a valid California’s Driver License, proof of current vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record meeting TELACU Residential Management’s motor vehicle criteria.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as may be required by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and climb ladders and stepstools. The employee must frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, and pull. The employee must be able to carry, pull, push, and move between 50-70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as may be required by law. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to wet conditions; heights, fumes, airborne particles; indoor/outdoor conditions on a regular basis. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Occasionally exposed to bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens, sewage, building waste.
Shampoo machine, vacuum cleaner, stripping machine, ladders, power hand tools and other cleaning equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
I have read and understand the above job description. I further understand that TELACU Property Management reserves the right to amend, add, change or delete the duties as business deems necessary.