Job Title: Building Maintenance Level II (TEMPORARY)
The Building Maintenance Level II position ensures the assigned building facility is maintained to TRM standards.
- Conducts daily perimeter check to include the parking lot and grounds, and removes debris and potential hazards.
- Ensures that emergency work orders are completed immediately. All other regular work orders completed within 24 hours.
- Mixes cleaning solutions to appropriate strength. Stores all cleaning solutions and chemicals used in a proper and safe manner as established by the Maintenance Manual. Cleans administrative offices daily. Removes graffiti within 24 hours of observation/notice. Maintains all common areas clean by abiding to the daily janitorial schedule.
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and Regional Maintenance Supervisor to facilitate repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as stated on the building charts.
- Ensures that inventory supply is maintained at a sufficient level as established by TRM policy. Responsible for direct orders of all pre-approved janitorial/maintenance supplies.
- Ensures appropriate safety precautions in performing tasks.
- Cleans and prepares vacant units for occupancy. Removes old finishes and prepare surfaces for repair, sanding and patching, as needed. Adheres to vacant unit checklist and submits to the Resident Manager for quality review.
- Adheres to E-Time management system and attendance standards.
- Responds to after-hours and weekend emergencies. Drives to other sites and supply stores, as required.
- Performs basic electrical, plumbing, appliance and hardware repair, as needed.
- Infrequent driving to other sites and supply stores as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of 2 years solid apartment building experience preferred. Must be able to handle multi-task/projects, set priorities, and problem solve. Is flexible in changes to work assignments and work schedule. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance and a driving record that meets TELACU Residential Management insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work. Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends, as needed. Must be able to reasonably communicate both orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
Physical Job Description:
Manual Dexterity: Work requires regular speed and accuracy for most of the working day.
Physical Effort: Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for lifting (horizontally and vertically,), climbing, crawling, bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Environmental Conditions: Outdoor and/or indoor working environment, subject to traveling from site to site; exposure to heat and cold.
Hazards: Little or no exposure to hazards.
Equipment Use: Shampoo machine, vacuum cleaner, stripping machine, other maintenance equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.