To ensure the facility is maintained to TPM standards. TPM manages all types of affordable housing.
- Conduct a daily perimeter check to include the parking lot and grounds, and remove debris and potential hazards.
- Ensure that emergency work orders are completed immediately. All other regular work orders are completed within 24 hours.
- Mix cleaning solutions to appropriate strength. Store all cleaning solutions and chemicals used in a proper and safe manner as established by the Maintenance Manual. Clean administrative offices daily. Remove graffiti within 24 hours of observation/notice. Maintain all common areas clean by abiding to the daily janitorial schedule.
- Act as a liaison between vendors and Regional Property Supervisor by facilitating the repair requiring attention.
- Perform Preventive maintenance tasks as stated on the building charts.
- Ensure that inventory supply is maintained at a sufficient level as established by TPM policy. Responsible for direct orders of all pre-approved janitorial/maintenance supplies.
- Ensures appropriate safety precautions in performing tasks.
- Clean and prepare vacant units for occupancy. Remove old finishes and prepare surfaces for repair, sanding and patching as needed. Adhere to vacant unit checklist and submit to the Resident Manager for quality review.
- Adhere to E-Time management system and attendance standards.
- Respond to after-hours and weekend emergencies.
- Maintain and replace electrical/electronic systems and equipment. Inspect equipment and diagnosis trouble or malfunctions. Analyze equipment failure, determine cause and make necessary adjustments.
- Infrequent driving to other sites and supply stores as required.
- Maintain and diagnose defects in heating, water and drainage systems. Mend and repair leaky pipe, joints and fixtures. Select appropriate materials to complete work. Inspect and test finished work. Has knowledge in techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in completing plumbing repairs.
- Repair and replace doors, window sills, door locks, cabinets, drawers, window shades, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of 3 years solid apartment building experience. Ability to handle multi-task/projects, set priorities and problem-solve. Flexibility to change work assignments and work schedule simultaneously. Must have working knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbing repairs. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance, and a driving record that meets the TELACU Property Management insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work. Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends as needed. Must be able to reasonably communicate both orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
Physical Job Description:
Manual Dexterity: Work requires regular speed and accuracy for most of the working
Physical Effort: Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for lifting (horizontally and vertically,), climbing, crawling, bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time. Operate heavy machine (wax machine, carpet shampoo machine, etc).
Environmental Conditions: Outdoor and/or indoor working environment, subject to traveling from site to site; exposure to heat and cold.
Hazards: Little or no exposure to hazards.
Equipment Use:Shampoo machine, vacuum cleaner, stripping machine, other maintenance equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.