The Building Maintenance Level 3 position ensures the assigned building facility is maintained to TRM standards.
- Conducts a daily perimeter check to include the parking lot and grounds, and remove debris and potential hazards.
- Ensures that emergency work orders are completed immediately. All other regular work orders are completed within 24 hours.
- Mixes cleaning solutions to appropriate strength. Stores all cleaning solutions and chemicals used in a proper and safe manner as established by the Maintenance Manual. Cleans administrative offices daily. Removes graffiti within 24 hours of observation/notice. Maintains all common areas clean by abiding to the daily janitorial schedule.
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and Regional Maintenance Supervisor by facilitating the repair requiring attention.
- Performs Preventive maintenance tasks as stated on the building charts.
- Ensures that inventory supply is maintained at a sufficient level as established by TRM policy. Responsible for direct orders of all pre-approved janitorial/maintenance supplies.
- Ensures appropriate safety precautions in performing tasks.
- Cleans and prepares vacant units for occupancy. Removes old finishes and prepares surfaces for repair, sanding and patching as needed. Adheres to vacant unit checklist and submit to the Resident Manager for quality review.
- Adheres to E-Time management system and attendance standards.
- Responds to after-hours and weekend emergencies.
- Maintains and replaces electrical/electronic systems and equipment. Inspects equipment and diagnosis trouble or malfunctions. Analyzes equipment failure, determines cause and makes necessary adjustments.
- Infrequent driving to other sites and supply stores as required.
- Maintain and diagnoses defects in heating, water and drainage systems. Mends and repairs leaky pipes, joints and fixtures. Selects appropriate materials to complete work. Inspects and tests finished work. Has knowledge in techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in completing plumbing repairs.
- Repairs and replaces doors, window sills, door locks, cabinets, drawers, window shades, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of 3 years solid apartment building experience. Ability to handle multi-task/projects, set priorities and problem-solve. Flexibility to change work assignments and work schedule simultaneously. Must have working knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbing repairs. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance, and a driving record that meets the TELACU Residential Management insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work. Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends as needed. Must be able to reasonably communicate both orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
Physical Job Description:
Manual Dexterity: Work requires regular speed and accuracy for most of the working day.
Physical Effort: Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for lifting (horizontally and vertically,), climbing, crawling, bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time. Operate heavy machine (wax machine, carpet shampoo machine, etc).
Environmental Conditions: Outdoor and/or indoor working environment, subject to traveling from site to site; exposure to heat and cold.