2 positions, part-time, non-exempt
Under general supervision, the receptionist answers telephones, greets visitors, provides general information to inquiries, and provides clerical support. In addition to receiving packages, mail, vendors, etc.
- Answers incoming telephone calls; directs calls to appropriate department or individual; takes messages when necessary do so and ensures messages are forwarded in a timely manner.
- Greets visitors, guests and appointments; directs and provides information as appropriate.
- Has all guests or visitors sign in and informs security of visitors when anticipated.
- Stops any unknown visitors coming off the elevator and assists and provide assistance.
- Maintains absentee log for employees which have called in absent and/or vacation.
- Sorts mail on a daily basis.
- Maintains a log of all in-coming and out-going packages and distributes them accordingly.
- Maintains the reservation calendars for the Board Room, Aquarium Room and TDC Conference Room.
- Generates the Reception Relief calendar, mont
- Responsible for ordering corporate office supplies according to the established procedures.
- Processes Federal Express receipts for accounts payable on a monthly basis.
- Provides support with special projects using mail merge to create labels, etc.
- Maintains the reception area organized and professional at all times.
- Provides administrative support to TCG, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of one year general office experience. Receptionist experience preferred. Must be dependable. Excellent telephone etiquette, professional attitude, demonstrated ability to multi task, excellent customer service, and good organizational skills. Professional demeanor and appearance required. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Bilingual Spanish/English skills, preferred. Experience operating Switchboard/telephone system and voice mail system, preferred. Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) required.
Physical Job Description:
Manual Dexterity: work requires regular speed and accuracy for most of the working day; Physcial Effort: have the ability to lift 20-25 lbs; Working Conditions: normal office conditions; Hazards: little or no exposure to hazards; Equipment Use: switchboard, PC, keyboard, copier, facsimile.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.