Responsible for day-to-day operations related to TELACU residential properties to include; rent collections, tenant relations, occupancy, financial reporting, and the regulatory agencies compliance.
- Enforces rental policies as specified in approved management plan.
- Ensures rent-up of units within time specified by management and HUD. Keeps the average number of calendar days for re-renting a vacant unit less than or equal to 5 days.
- Processes applicants and leases units by following the guidelines of the Tenant Selection Plan; verification procedures established by HUD and management; accuracy in collection of security and other deposits and adhering to non-citizen regulations by HUD.
- Ensures 100% completion of semi-annual unit inspections as required by management and successfully corrects unit deficiencies within the time-frame stipulated in the Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Ensures all re-certification notices are prepared and distributed according to timeline specified by management. Ensures successful completion of 100% of all annual re-certification’s by project due date as specified in the Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Develops and maintains good tenant relations.
- Keeps voluntary turnover rates decreased or remaining constant so that move-outs due to resident dissatisfaction with the staff, property and/or services are minimized.
- Develops community relations. Develops and maintains excellent rapport with local government agencies and other local agencies (i.e. fire dept, police dept, senior centers).
- Completes and submits monthly occupancy and accounting reports. Submits timely month end reports and other reports as required by management and as outlined in the Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Maintains accurate tenant files in compliance with established management procedures and HUD regulations. Keeps tenant files and office files organized, properly maintained and secured.
- Follows Company guidelines related to the use of petty cash and monthly reconciliations.
- Provides Resident On-Call staff with all necessary contact information in order to fulfill their responsibilities
- Oversees Resident On-Call staff by providing training on how to handle emergencies, tenant incident and violation reporting requirements, and security procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Two years managing assisted housing for elderly and/or physically challenged developments under the HUD Section 202/8, 202 or 811 Program preferred. Communicate well both orally and verbally. Must possess strong written skills, good listening skills, and excellent interpersonal skills and have a genuine interest in people. Must be highly organized and able to make quick but reasonable decisions. Professional demeanor in handling resident and employee relations. Give and receive instructions in a professional manner. Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality in relation to managing property. Demonstrate integrity, respect and responsibility in dealing with residents and other employees. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance and a driving record that meets TELACU Residential Management insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work. Must be able to work evenings or weekends as needed.
PHYSICAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Manual Dexterity: Work requires regular speed and accuracy for most of the working day Physical Effort: Work requires infrequent physical demands and occasional driving.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions
Hazards: Little or no exposure to hazards
Equipment Use: PC, keyboard, calculator, facsimile, copier, smart phone