Accounting Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day activities of mail distributions to/from accounting department for the TELACU Residential Management, Inc. (TRM) and TELACU Property Management, Inc. (TPM) portfolio. Responsible for organizing the paper and electronic filings and office supplies for accounting department.
Essential Job Duties
- Opens and date-stamps all mails for accounting department. Stamps, codes (vendor number and company number, etc.), and distributes all non-maintenance invoices to accounting personnel.
- Ensures proper signature on the check prior to stuffing the checks and invoice stubs in the envelopes. Puts proper amount of postage and ensure proper address shown on the envelope prior to dropping off the mails for USPS morning pickup.
- Organizes and files accounting documents especially payment documents (manual payments and check payments) daily. Puts documents in boxes with proper storage label at least quarterly. Coordinates with third-party vendor to pick up payment documents for scanning. Organizes the electronic files in proper folder.
- Helps accounting personnel with finding payment documents. Pulls documentations for the preparation of HUD-9250 forms in a monthly basis.
- Keep track of the quantity of office supplies and number of orders for accounting personnel.
- Organizes and cleans accounting area including filing storage, office supplies storage and printer room.
- Maintains a list of stale dated checks for all entities and prepares UDS-1 and UFS-1 reports twice a year according to the government agency requirements.
- Submits annually both Notice Report and Remit Report according to the government agency due dates.
- Enters and posts vouchers, cuts checks and posts manual checks. Monthly processes A/P closing.
- Completes special projects assigned by the Accounting Manager and Controller within the specified period.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate with relevant work experience required
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- 2+ year of general office and clerical experience including excellent telephone etiquette
- Data entry experience with exceptional speed and accuracy is required
- Ability to handle multiple entities, multiple deadlines, and multi-tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritize, diligent, proactive, open-minded, positive, and focus
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptive to fast-paced environment and with multiple different personnel
- Ability to work overtime with supervisor pre-approval and as needed
Reasoning & Mental Abilities
Uses critical thinking skills to interpret information furnished in written, oral or schedule form and to analyze more complex documents like agreements and contracts. Makes sound decisions and sets goals based on available information and evaluates situations and requirements to plan and adjust work accordingly.
Projects accurate future occurrences based on current or historic data. Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision; able to make decisions about the severity of variable situations and evaluate the most appropriate response; able to make appropriate decisions related to customer requests.
Work Environment & Exposures
Position may require occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, vibration and loud noise levels.
Will be exposed to varying weather conditions, soil, pollen, grass and plant materials and fertilizer while working; will be exposed to cleaning solutions of home strength; may be exposed to industrial strength solutions for pest control, paints or solvents.
HAZARDS: Occasionally exposed to biohazards such as cleaning agents, pesticides, etc.
EQUIPMENT USE: Computer, copy machine, fax, scanner, keyboard, ten-key, postage meter, etc.
TRM is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.