The Accounting Specialist supports Accounting Department in completing various accounting functions for TELACU Residential Management (TRM), Inc. and TELACU Property Management (TPM), Inc. portfolio. The Accounting Specialist must prioritize their duties to reflect good cash flows for each of the entities. Any deviation/changes from standard processing, requires supervisory approval.
Essential Job Duties
- Prepares and prioritizes the submission of the Replacement Reserve and Residual Receipt request to ensure healthy cash flow for all entities.
- HUD – Submits the complete HUD-9250 and the required documents on a quarterly basis.
- CalHFA, HCIDLA, and other regulatory agencies – Submits the required forms to appropriate agencies on a quarterly basis to proper agency.
- This includes obtaining supporting documents and completing other Agency’s required forms for requesting reimbursements (including pre-approval, etc.) from restricted cash accounts (replacement reserves, residual receipt, etc.) for multiple entities. Once Agencies approve the requests; distribute the approved documents to proper individual internally to ensure the fund transfer is complete. Maintains the list and the complete file (manual and electronic) for Reserve for Replacement request
- Maintains management reports for restricted cash accounts to agree monthly ending balances to accounting mainframe systems
- Reconciles monthly bank reconciliations of all restricted cash accounts (replacement reserves, residual receipts, excess amenities, etc.) for multiple entities within the specified period
- Maintains a list of stale dated checks for all entities and prepares UDS-1 and UFS-1 reports twice a year according to the government agency requirements.
- Submits annually both Notice Report and Remit Report according to the government agency due dates.
- Prepares and submits welfare exemptions timely to the State Board of Equalization and/or the County Assessor’s Office and ensure property tax invoices reflect the exemptions.
- Completes utility surveys and other special projects (i.e. filing, etc.) for the accountants
- Completes special projects assigned by the Controller and President within the specified time frame
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting of related field is required
- 2+ years of general ledger maintenance with multiple entities
- 2+ years of “hands-on” experience with a mainframe accounting software
- Knowledge of property management preferred
- Heavy data entry experience with exceptional speed and accuracy is required
- Ability to handle multiple entities, multiple deadlines, and multi-tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritize, diligent, proactive, open-minded, positive, and focus
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptive to fast-paced environment and with multiple different personnel
- Ability to work overtime with supervisor pre-approval and as needed
TRM is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.