Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing general admin support to the Field Operations Department. The Admin Assistant will be exposed to the affordable housing industry.
Essential Job Duties
- Establishes a positive, productive and professional relationship with field operations team.
- Handle office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings,etc.
- Plan meetings and participate in conference calls; take detailed minutes.
- Write and distribute emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Works directly with VPFO and/ or FOA to manage and execute a wide variety of special assignments and tasks.
- Adaptability & Accountability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, accepts criticism and feedback, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Analytical Skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information, prioritizes projects and determine best way of meeting deadlines and requirements.
- Attendance & Punctuality: Schedules time off in advance, begins working on time, keeps absences within guidelines, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values and abides by written policies.
- Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form, exhibits good listening skills and comprehension, responds well to questions, writes clearly and informatively and edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents accurate numerical data effectively.
- Compliance: Within specified functional area of authority, is personally accountable to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements in accordance with his/her respective job duties and responsibilities.
- Confidentiality: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
- Customer Service: The extent to which the employee provides prompt and high-quality service to team members, vendors and internal/external customers.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions timely, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process and takes responsibility for communication including what is heard.
- Organization: Maintains clean, functional workspace, continuous workflow to meet daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Safety: Attends required safety meetings, follows the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) and reports unsafe conditions, keeps workplace in safe condition.
- Teamwork / Morale: Treats others with respect and courtesy, gives and welcomes feedback, inspires the trust of others, exhibits tact and consideration, displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, offers assistance and support to co-workers, works cooperatively in group situations. Engages consistently in professional behavior.
- Training: Completes company required training timely.
Attends staff, departmental, and required meetings.
- Attends staff, departmental and required training.
- Light maintenance and cleaning.
- Special projects as needed and directed.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Must be bilingual and fluent in English/Spanish (written and oral)
- 1 year of general office experience
Computer & Software Skills
- Must have foundational computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook email and calendaring) and the Internet.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Little or no exposure to hazards.
Computer, keyboard, mouse, cell phone, copy machine, and fax machine.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a résumé and cover letter to TELACUcareers@TELACU.com. Please specifically reference the full position title for which you are applying and include the job code associated with the position.
The TELACU Education Foundation is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion or religious creed, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other federal, state, or local protected status.