Under general supervision, the Building Maintenance Level III performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repairs for assigned senior housing facility and upholds TELACU Property Management’s (TPM) highest standard.
- Inspects the grounds, building and mechanical equipment daily for safety and health hazards potential.
- Works with the Property Manager in completing Service Requests for tenants within 24 hours of receipt.
- Cleans and prepares vacant units for Removes old finishes and prepares surfaces for repair, sanding and patching as needed. Completes the vacant unit checklist and submits to the Property Manager for quality review.
- Mixes cleaning solutions to appropriate Stores all cleaning solutions and chemicals used in a proper labeled container and safe manner as established by the Maintenance Manual.
- Cleans facility offices and all common areas according to the daily housekeeping janitorial schedule.
- Removes graffiti within 24 hours of observation/notice.
- Acts as the liaison between vendors and the Regional Maintenance Supervisor by providing access to senior housing facility equipment.
- Orders pre-approved janitorial supplies, chemicals and materials and ensures proper inventory amounts are available for use.
- Actively participates in safe work practices
- Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Understands and lives by TPM’s business conduct and policies.
- Adheres to attendance policies.
- Drives own vehicle to other facilities and/or supply stores, as required.
- Responds to after-hour and weekend emergencies.
- Maintains and diagnoses defects in heating, water and drainage Mends and repairs leaky pipes, joints and fixtures. Selects appropriate materials to complete work. Inspects and tests finished work. Uses techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in completing plumbing repairs.
- Troubleshoots HVAC issues.
- Performs electrical, plumbing, appliance and hardware repair, as needed.
- Repairs and replaces doors, window sills, door locks, cabinets, drawers, window shades, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of 3 years solid apartment experience, preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Effective oral and/or written communication and proficient in English.
- Broad experience in building maintenance in the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, gas-powered equipment.
- Display initiative, good judgement and flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Possesses the physical and mental requirements to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be a customer service oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work independently; strong ability to prioritize and follow daily schedule, flexible to changes in work assignments and/or work schedule.
- Must utilize own vehicle in the course of work. Must possess necessary insurance and license requirement to operate vehicle for work related functions.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective working relationships with company representatives, vendors, auditors, and inspectors.
Education and Experience:
A High School and/or GED diploma and minimum of one year of custodial, building and mechanical maintenance experience. Have basic computer knowledge. Strong familiarity with the use of hand and power tools, preferred.
Must have a valid California’s Driver License, proof of current vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record meeting TELACU Property Management’s motor vehicle criteria.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as may be required by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and climb ladders and stepstools. The employee must frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, and pull. The employee must be able to carry, pull, push, and move between 50-70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as may be required by law. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to wet conditions; heights, fumes, airborne particles; indoor/outdoor conditions on a regular basis. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Occasionally exposed to bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens, sewage, building waste.
Shampoo machine, vacuum cleaner, stripping machine, ladders, hand power tools and other cleaning equipment.
TELACU Property Management is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.