Under general supervision, the Building Maintenance Level 3 performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repairs for assigned senior housing facility and upholds TELACU Resident Management’s (TRM) highest standard.
- Inspect the grounds, building and mechanical equipment daily for safety and health hazards potential.
- Works with the property Manager in completing Service Requests for tenants within 24 hours of receipt.
- Reports the completion of repairs to the Regional Maintenance Supervisor and maintains work logs.
- Cleans and prepares vacant units for occupancy. Removes old finishes and prepares surfaces for repair, sanding and patching as needed. Completes the vacant unit checklist and submits to the Property Manager for quality review.
- Mixes cleaning solutions to appropriate strength. Stores all cleaning solutions and chemicals used in a proper and safe manner as established by the Maintenance Manual.
- Cleans facility offices and all common areas according to the daily housekeeping janitorial schedules.
- Removes graffiti within 24 hours of observation/notice.
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and Regional Maintenance Supervisor by provising access to senior housing facility equipment.
- Orders pre-approved janitorial supplies, chemicals and materials and ensures proper inventory amounts are available for use.
- Actively participates in safe and work practices.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Understands and lives by TRM’s business conduct and polocies.
- Adheres to attendance policies.
- Drives own vehicle to other facilities and/or supply stores, as required.
- Responds to after-hours and weekend emergencies.
- Maintain and diagnoses defects in heating, water and drainage systems. Mends and repairs leaky pipes, joints and fixtures. Selects appropriate materials to complete work. Inspects and tests finished work. Uses techniques, material, tools and equipment used completing plumbing repairs. Troubleshhots HVAC issues.
- Percforms electrical, plumbing, appliance and hardware repairs, as needed.
- Repairs and replaces doors, window sills, door locks, cabinets, drawers, window shades, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of 3 years solid apartment experience, preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Effective oral and/or written communication and proficient in English.
- Broad experience in building maintenance in the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, gas-powerred equipment.
- Display initiative, good judgement and flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Possesses the physical and mental requirements to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be a customer service oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work independently; strong a bility to prioritize and follow daily schedule, flexible to change in work assignments and/or work schedule.
- Must utilize own vehicle in the course of work. Must possess necessary insurance and license requirement to operate vehicle for work related functions.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective working relationships with company representatives, vendors, auditors, and inspectors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of 3 years solid apartment building experience. Ability to handle multi-task/projects, set priorities and problem-solve. Flexibility to change work assignments and work schedule simultaneously. Must have working knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbing repairs. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance, and a driving record that meets the TELACU Residential Management insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work. Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends as needed. Must be able to reasonably communicate both orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A High School and/or GED diploma and minimum of one year of custodial, building and mechanical maintenance experience. Have basic computer knowledge. Strong familiarity with the use of hand and power tools, preferred.
Must have a valid California’s Driver License, proof of current vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record meeting TELACU Property Management’s motor vehicle criteria.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as may be required by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and climb ladders and stepstools. The employee must frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, and pull. The employee must be able to carry, pull, push, and move between 50-70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as may be required by law. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to wet conditions; heights, fumes, airborne particles; indoor/outdoor conditions on a regular basis. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Occasionally exposed to bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens, sewage, building waste.
Shampoo machine, vacuum cleaner, stripping machine, ladders, hand power tools and other cleaning equipment.
TELACU Residential Management is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.