Ensures that the offices of the Chairman and Founder of the TELACU Education Foundation and the SVP of the TELACU Communications Group operate at the highest level by providing a broad spectrum of creative, logistic and administrative support.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures that all projects/assignments are completed in a timely manner by establishing/implementing and maintaining a tracking system that documents each project/assignment, date initiated/assigned, due date/priority, additional pertinent details and progress. Proactively drives projects/assignments to completion by requesting information needed, and providing reminders and updates.
- Supports Chairman and SVP with special events, company branding and projects including production of collateral materials, advertisements, marketing materials, etc.
- Initiates and maintains calendar of appointments for the Chairman by coordinating and scheduling all parties and logistics as appropriate. Informs Chairman and SVP of any potential conflicts as they arise.
- Updates appropriate calendars daily and includes pertinent details in all calendar items including but not limited to attire, special instructions, confirmation numbers, contact information and all other relevant details.
- Sends calendar invitations to appropriate individuals, monitors their acceptance, follows-up as required and reports potential breakdowns in meeting attendance in a timely manner.
- Keeps Chairman informed about scheduling by confirming appointments the day prior, updating all appropriate calendars and providing a hard copy of the following day’s calendar before the end of the day.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries to include last minute changes. Enters itineraries on appropriate calendars and includes all relevant details, prepares travel packet and ensures accuracy of information provided.
- Prioritizes and distributes correspondence, emails and faxes in a timely manner. Reviews each document to determine what can be handled directly and what needs to be forwarded to Chairman. For those items that require the Chairman’s attention, indicates which require action, states the nature of the action and highlights items of special importance or that require immediate attention.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other confidential documents. Composes correspondence of a general business nature from notes and verbal instruction, to be reviewed and approved by the SVP of TCG as requested.
- Composes, proofreads and edits documents as assigned.
- Screens all incoming calls and determines which to put through. Maintains call log and provides a copy to Chairman throughout the day as necessary.
- Emails materials daily to Chairman, including relevant updates on projects/assignments, when he is on travel.
- Maintains confidential administrative filing and retrieval system for interrelated files and records.
- Helps maintain the corporate contact database and updates the Chairman’s contacts. Confers with Chairman following meetings and travel regarding addition of contacts.
- Maintains the Chairman’s personal contacts, including those in Outlook.
- Assists with coordination/set-up of events and meetings as assigned.
- Initiates, oversees and tracks personal notes and gifts sent and received by Chairman (i.e. birthdays, promotions, funerals, etc.).
- Maintains office supply inventory, with special care to order additional supplies for special events such as large mailings, events, etc.
- Supports Chairman and SVP with technology including, but not limited to tablets, phones, computers, etc.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
Adaptability & Accountability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, accepts criticism and feedback, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and takes responsibility for own actions.
Analytical Skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information, prioritizes projects and determines best way of meeting deadlines and requirements.
Attendance & Punctuality: Schedules time off in advance, begins working on time, keeps absences within guidelines, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Business Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values and abides by written policies.
Communication: Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, exhibits good listening skills and comprehension, responds well to questions, writes clearly and informatively and edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents accurate numerical data effectively.
Compliance: Within specified functional area of authority, is personally accountable to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements in accordance with his/her respective job duties and responsibilities.
Confidentiality: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
Customer Service: The extent to which the employee provides prompt and high-quality service to team members, vendors and internal/external contacts.
Judgment: Makes decisions in a timely manner, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process and takes responsibility for communication including what is heard.
Organization: Maintains clean, functional workspace, continuous workflow to meet daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
Safety: Attends required safety meetings, follows the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) and reports unsafe conditions, keeps workplace in safe condition.
Teamwork / Morale: Treats others with respect and courtesy, gives and welcomes feedback, inspires the trust of others, exhibits tact and consideration, displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, offers assistance and support to co-workers, works cooperatively in group situations. Engages consistently in professional behavior.
Training: Completes company required training timely.
- Works with SVP on multiple aspects of the Annual Building the Dream
- Supports SVP and TCG with Creative Service Requests.
- Manages Chairman’s and SVP’s personal requests.
- Attends staff, departmental and other required meetings.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- College level courses should include business writing; Business Administration Certificate desired.
- Minimum of 5 years executive secretary experience.
- Must demonstrate initiative and possess in-depth knowledge of business systems, policies and protocols.
- Must possess experience in coordinating and planning events and meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills; demonstrate impeccable grammar and proofreading skills; be detail-oriented; and be able to compose and format letters, emails, memoranda, and reports.
- Must demonstrate a polished professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with individuals at all levels, including corporations, public offices and universities.
- Position requires a high level of discretion in handling confidential matters and information, as well as screening visitors, correspondence and phone calls.
- Must possess exceptional phone etiquette and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously that include sensitive inquiries, correspondence and files.
- Must be bilingual in English/Spanish (written and oral).
Computer & Software Skills
- Must have excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe and PowerPoint) and internet research skills.
- Must have a high level of experience using social media applications (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Occasional local travel.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance and a driving record that meets TELACU Industries, Inc. criteria; must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work.
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Standing; walking, sitting; stooping/bending; using hands to finger, handled or feel (computer operation), reaching with hands and arms, lifting of up to 20 lbs, talking and hearing and seeing.
Reasoning & Mental Abilities:
Uses critical thinking skills to interpret information furnished in written, oral or schedule form and to analyze more complex documents like agreements and contracts. Makes sound decisions and sets goals based on available information and evaluates situations and requirements to plan and adjust work accordingly.
Projects accurate future occurrences based on current or historic data. Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision; make decisions about the severity of variable situations and evaluate the most appropriate response; make appropriate decisions related to customer requests.
Work Environment & Exposures:
Position may require occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, vibration and loud noise levels. Will be exposed to varying weather conditions, soil, pollen, grass and plant materials and fertilizer while working; will be exposed to cleaning solutions of home strength; may be exposed to industrial strength solutions for pest control, paints or solvents.
HAZARDS: No biohazards.
EQUIPMENT USE: PC, keyboard, mouse, desk telephone, cell phone, facsimile, copy machine, etc.