The Maintenance Operations Administrator Position performs assigned responsibilities for planning, coordinating and directing activities related to the construction, upgrades and maintenance of building systems and special projects at TRM and TPM properties. The Maintenance Administrator will perform general administrative office tasks and supports the Maintenance Department by maintaining an organized data base and being the source of information for the Regional Maintenance Supervisors.
Essential Job Duties
- Establishes a positive, productive and professional relationship with field staff and the supervisory team
- Provides a professional and courteous liaison and coordination service to the supervisors, vendors and residents
- Responsible for keeping updated records of maintenance related projects at TRM/TPM properties, reports from maintenance staff, supply purchases, etc.
- Supports the supervisor in getting bids and invoices from vendors to expedite work approval and payments.
- Responsible for checking invoices and quotes and preparing CME’s for processing
- Supports the team with the preparation and distribution of maintenance manuals and procedures
- Responsible for filing of documentation and paperwork in accordance with company standards and policy
- Incorporates his/her administrative skills to assist supervisors with planning training sessions, the production of training materials and keeping an accurate log on the training sessions provided
- Receives and reviews supply orders to ensure that supervisors get correct information for approval
- Supports the RMS with the recollection and filing of documents and reports from maintenance staff including expense reports, invoices from Building techs and vendors, PSR’s, tools and equipment inventories, etc.
- Assists RMS with getting the best service from vendors and the timely completion of contracted works.
- Assists the supervisors with getting information from the other departments including invoice payment status, expense report checks, etc.
- Provides feedback to RMS regarding missing reports from maintenance staff, repetitive mistakes made and submitted to the office, and makes recommendations to solve these breakdowns
- Adaptability & Accountability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, accepts criticism and feedback, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Analytical Skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information, prioritizes projects and determine best way of meeting deadlines and requirements.
- Attendance & Punctuality: Schedules time off in advance, begins working on time, keeps absences within guidelines, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values and abides by written policies.
- Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form, exhibits good listening skills and comprehension, responds well to questions, writes clearly and informatively and edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents accurate numerical data effectively.
- Compliance: Within specified functional area of authority, is personally accountable to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements in accordance with his/her respective job duties and responsibilities.
- Confidentiality: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
- Customer Service: The extent to which the employee provides prompt and high-quality service to team members, vendors and internal/external customers.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions timely, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process and takes responsibility for communication including what is heard.
- Organization: Maintains clean, functional workspace, continuous workflow to meet daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Safety: Attends required safety meetings, follows the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) and reports unsafe conditions, keeps workplace in safe condition.
- Teamwork / Morale: Treats others with respect and courtesy, gives and welcomes feedback, inspires the trust of others, exhibits tact and consideration, displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, offers assistance and support to co-workers, works cooperatively in group situations. Engages consistently in professional behavior.
- Training: Completes company required training timely.
- Leadership & Management: Reacts well under pressure and assessable. Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth by providing candid, relevant feedback and coaching. Carries out required performance management processes and timekeeping responsibilities. Identifies disciplinary situations or employee conflict and manages communication appropriately. Assures confidential interchange with subordinates as appropriate. Demonstrates and instills in others an appropriate sense of urgency. Recruits and retains high quality team members.
- Attends staff, departmental, and required meetings.
- Provides maintenance related reports to other TRM/TPM upper management staff
- Participates in training sessions for maintenance staff as an attendee or assisting with the training
- Will support the maintenance department with light maintenance and cleaning tasks in TRM office
Experience & Education:
- BA/BS in Business Administration preferred or 4+ years of experience in subsidized property management with supervision.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects, set priorities, and be a problem solver.
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Must have initiative and ability to follow-through on all tasks.
- Must be bilingual and fluent in English/Spanish (written and oral).
Computer & Software Skills
- Must have foundational computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook email and calendaring) and the Internet.
- Intermediate Proficiency in the following software programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel required.
- Onesite/Yardi a plus.
- ADP WorkforceNow user
- Occasional local travel
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance and a driving record that meets TELACU Industries insurer’s criteria; must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work.