The Occupancy Specialist contributes to the shaping of communities by supporting various communities in meeting occupancy goals and certification requirements across the TRM & TPM portfolio. The Occupancy Specialist interacts directly with the field and corporate Operation Team to achieve maximum occupancy and compliance with various program requirements (i.e. HUD, LIHTC, HOME, etc.) initial certification, annual & interim recertification requirements; serves as a subject matter expert on all occupancy and compliance requirements; and helps troubleshoot occupancy and certification problems as requested. Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to field or corporate staff as requested.
- Processes various certifications utilizing RealPage software, HUD’s EIV system, and adhering to organization’s occupancy and compliance procedures.
- HUD Billing – Processes monthly section 8 billing by the 10th day of each month to PBCA, TCA, and TRACS for all HUD project-based communities. This includes requesting loans, posting subsidy received, and communication with agencies for unpaid vouchers.
- Utility Allowance – Prepares a utility reimbursement report for all HUD project-based facilities by the 25th of each month.
- Works patiently, professionally, and cooperatively with staff to provide high quality customer service. Provides instruction and guidance to Managers during recertification process. Promotes a positive, active, and collaborative relationship with coworkers and associated agencies. Enforces and adheres to organizational policies, rules, and regulations. Maintains privacy and confidentiality of resident and organizational information at all times.
- Reports – Oversees the weekly occupancy reports from field staff and recommends/takes action, as appropriate. Assists the Director of Occupancy with accurate data to respond to all regulatory audit reports.
- Processes criminal background including national sex offender requests.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource on occupancy and related compliance requirements/regulations.
- Provide feedback to the Operations Team regarding the Managers’ performance of occupancy and compliance responsibilities.
- Attends staff, departmental, and required meetings.
• Updates annual income and rent limits in RealPage OneSite.
• Ability to work in stressful situations requiring time sensitive deadlines.
• Supports Operations Team in training new personnel on affordable housing programs to ensure a successful transition.
• Participates in updates to policies and procedures due to ever changing requirements with affordable programs.
• Assists the Director with implementation of policies, procedures, and processes.
Experience & Education:
- Course work/seminar attendance in Occupancy, Affordable Housing.
• Certifications related to Occupancy Specialist, Tax Credit Specialist, and Fair Housing.
• Working knowledge of 4350.3 HUD Handbook, LIHTC, and other Federal and State program regulations and eligibility requirements, including Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and HUD standards and procedures required.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum one year of experience working in a high-volume service environment with some experience in customer service.
TRM is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.