Under general supervision the Office Clerk is responsible for providing general clerical support to all departments. The Office Clerk will be exposed to the affordable housing industry.
- In the absence of the Office Assistant (sick, vacation, breaks, lunch) provides coverage of the reception desk and lobby.
- Answers incoming calls into the switchboard and provides appropriate information and/or forwards calls to the designated staff member.
- Greets visitors, guests, appointments and walk-ins as needed.
- Maintains multiple control logs including application processing log, postage log, etc.
- Sort and distributes mail and faxes.
- Provides information on available properties.
- Responsible for the downloading of postage and the maintenance of the postage machine.
- Completes assignments as directed and in a timely manner.
- If assignments are completed prior to deadline, seeks additional work from the assigned department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. A minimum of one year general office experience. Excellent telephone etiquette, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, excellent customer service and good organizational skills. Good written and oral communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish is required. Knowledge of general office equipment (copier, facsimile). Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel). Must be flexible to changing priorities.
The statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
Physical Job Description:
Manual Dexterity: Work requires regular speed and accuracy for most of the working day.
Physical Effort: Work requires infrequent physical demands.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions.
Hazards: Little or no exposure to hazards.
Equipment Use: PC, keyboard, telephone switchboard, copier, facsimile.