The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for providing a supportive, service-oriented environment to senior and/or physically challenged residents living at TELACU Residential Management (TRM) housing facilities. The Coordinator will be assigned specific housing facilities, and will work in conjunction with on-site staff.
- Establishes links and builds relationships with all agencies and service providers in the community to benefit residents
- Makes referrals to service providers for residents based upon needs and requests
- Monitors outside service provider case management to ensure service needs are met
- Develops ongoing education presentations, wellness programs and on-site approved services for residents
- Serves as resident advocate and also teaches residents how to advocate for themselves
- Maintains resident files in compliance with HUD and TRM management requirements
- Uses American Association of Service Coordinators (AASC) software program for case management and progress updates
- Prepares and submits all HUD regulatory and internal reports
- Develops resource directories for each facility
- Distributes consumer materials from organizations such as State and area agencies on aging
- Sets up volunteer support programs with organizations in the community
- Assists residents in forming and/or strengthening resident organizations
- Maintains a Resident Services Coordinator office at each site in compliance with HUD requirements
- Creates, organizes and manages PUPM funds and programs at sites with funding available
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
A Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Counseling preferred. Must have working knowledge in supportive services and community resources. Must have the ability to advocate, organize and problem-solve. Must have demonstrated leadership skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a team player. Must have worked with diverse populations with a particular focus on resident needs. Must have the ability to uphold ethical standards and client confidentiality. Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance, and a driving record that meets TELACU Residential Management insurer’s criteria. Must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work.
Physical Job Description:
Manual Dexterity: Work requires regular speed and accuracy for most of the working day.
Physical Effort: Work requires infrequent physical demands and frequent driving.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions.
Hazards: Little or no exposure to hazards.
Equipment Use: PC, keyboard, copier, facsimile.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.