TELACU’s Health Careers Program model consists of a three-way partnership among a hospital, a college or university, and TELACU. To implement this model for the first time, TELACU partnered with PIH Health Downey Hospital (formerly Downey Regional Medical Center) and East Los Angeles College to provide nursing students with this comprehensive Program that combines academic and financial resources with a highly effective support system. A full 100% of the participating nursing school students graduated and attained Registered Nurse (RN) licensure. Over the past two decades, the Program model has been replicated through partnerships with various major hospitals and colleges/universities throughout the Greater Los Angeles Region.
The Program delivers an innovative and successful approach to providing nursing school students with financial resources and academic support services to further their professional health care education and, in turn, provide essential bilingual health care services to the underresourced, minority populations served by partnering hospitals.
TELACU’s track record of success since the inception of the Program is unparalleled. More than 700 nurses have been served by the Program and are providing health care in leading hospitals.
How You Can Benefit
- Employment and professional advancement opportunities at the hospital
- Résumé building and interviewing skills preparation
- Opportunities to engage with the hospital leadership team
- Health Care Interpreter Training
- Cultural Competency Training
- Kaplan NCLEX-RN Preparation Course
- Nursing and Professional Development Seminars and Events
- Guidance and resources to ensure RN licensure
- Transition support to ensure professional success
- One-on-one counseling
- Access to on-loan notebook computers
What Program Graduates Are Saying
“This scholarship is a blessing. Without it I don’t know if I would have made it through. I greatly appreciate all that TELACU has done for me and I hope I can give back to future Scholars.”
“The Program is amazing. It helped me in countless ways; professionally, financially, and even emotionally.”
“Words could never describe the gratitude I have for TELACU, the Hospital, and all the staff.”