TELACU’s Health Careers Program model consists of a three-way partnership among a hospital, a two-year community college, and TELACU. To implement this model for the first time, TELACU partnered with Downey Regional Medical Center and East Los Angeles College to provide nursing students with this comprehensive Program that combines academic and financial resources with a highly effective support system. A full 100% of the participating nursing students graduated and received Registered Nurse (RN) licensure. Over the past decade, the Program model has been replicated through partnerships with various major hospitals and community colleges throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area.
The Program delivers an innovative and successful approach to providing nursing students with financial resources and academic support services to further their professional health care education and, in turn, provide essential bilingual health care services to the underserved populations of the communities the Hospital serves.
TELACU’s track record of success since the inception of the Program is unparalleled. TELACU has placed nearly 500 nurses in leading hospitals.
How You Can Benefit
- Employment and professional advancement opportunities at the hospital
- Résumé building and interviewing skills preparation
- Opportunities to engage with the hospital leadership team
- Kaplan NCLEX-RN Preparation Course
- Health Care Interpreter Training Course
- Cultural Competency Training Course
- Guidance and resources to ensure RN licensure
- Transition support to ensure professional success
- One-on-one counseling
- Access to on-loan notebook computers
What Program Graduates Are Saying
“This scholarship is a blessing. Without it I don’t know if I would have made it through. I greatly appreciate all that TELACU has done for me and I hope I can give back to future Scholars.”
“The Program is amazing. It helped me in countless ways; professionally, financially, and even emotionally.”
“Words could never describe the gratitude I have for TELACU, WMMC, and all the staff.”