Under the general supervision and direction of the Program Director, coordinates, manages and delivers academic and career support services to community college and university participants; and oversees the daily operations and programmatic activities of the Health Careers Program (“the Program”) to ensure Program objectives as outlined in the funding proposal(s) are achieved.
Disclaimer: Continuation of this position is contingent upon continued funding.
Essential Job Duties:
Fiscal Management and Oversight:
- Supports Program Director to maintain and manage the Program budget.
- Supports Program Director to develop and manage the implementation and delivery of activities and student services for the Program.
- Supports Program Director to conduct periodic audits of Program and fiscal files to ensure records maintained are in compliance.
- Develops and implements systems and practices to ensure optimal operations and integration with other departments, including accounting and Human Resources.
- Supports the Program Director to train, supervise, and evaluate the Program Administrative Assistant.
- Supports the Program Director to assess, develop, implement, and manage individual development plans for Program Administrative Assistant as part of the employee evaluation process.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Supports the Program Director and ensures required documents, reports, records, logs, and systems for compliance during fiscal year audits are maintained.
- Supports the Program Director in the preparation of annual reports and other Program-related reports.
- Ensures the Program’s data management systems’ accuracy for monitoring, tracking, and reporting of participant data.
Leadership and Management:
- Supports the Program Director with meeting deliverables on schedule.
- Supports the Program Director with the outreach, recruitment, identification, and verification of eligible target community college and university students.
- Coordinates, schedules, organizes, and executes all Program activities.
- Provides the Program Director with regular updates and periodic reports to ensure the Program Director is informed of the Program challenges, success, and progress toward achieving deliverables.
- Supports the Program Director with the development, implementation, and maintaining of a system for evaluating the effectiveness of the Program.
- Manages partnerships with corporate sponsors, target community colleges and universities, and community agencies to ensure collaboration, fulfillment of requests, and leveraging of resources.
- Develops content for and maintains the Program’s social media platform.
- Develops positive, supportive, and professional relationships with participants and maintains participant confidentiality as appropriate.
- Attends appropriate conferences and/or professional development trainings as required.
- Ensures all forms of written communication for participants and the public meet the TELACU Corporate Communications Group Standards.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and performs other Program-related projects as assigned.
Adaptability & Accountability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, accepts criticism and feedback, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, and takes responsibility for own actions.
Analytical Skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information, prioritizes projects, and determines best way of meeting deadlines and requirements.
Attendance & Punctuality: Schedules time off in advance, begins work on time, keeps absences within guidelines, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Business Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values, and abides by written policies.
Communication: Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form, exhibits good listening skills and comprehension, responds well to questions, writes clearly and informatively, and edits work for proper spelling and grammar. Presents accurate numerical data effectively.
Compliance: Within specified functional area of authority is personally accountable for understanding and ensuring regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements in accordance with his/her respective job duties and responsibilities.
Confidentiality: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
Customer Service: Provides prompt and high-quality service to team members, vendors, and internal/external clients.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and takes responsibility for communication, including what is heard.
Organization: Maintains clean, functional workspace and continuous workflow to meet daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
Safety: Attends required safety meetings, follows the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) and reports unsafe conditions, and keeps workplace in safe condition.
Teamwork / Morale: Treats others with respect and courtesy, gives and welcomes feedback, inspires the trust of others, exhibits tact and consideration, displays positive outlook and pleasant demeanor, offers assistance and support to co-workers, and works cooperatively in group situations. Engages consistently in professional behavior.
Training: Completes company-required training in a timely manner.
Leadership & Management: Reacts well under pressure and assessable. Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth by providing candid, relevant feedback and coaching. Carries out required performance management processes and timekeeping responsibilities. Identifies disciplinary situations or employee conflict and manages communication appropriately. Assures confidential interchange with subordinates as appropriate. Demonstrates and instills in others an appropriate sense of urgency. Recruits and retains high-quality team members.
- Attends staff, departmental, and required meetings.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Develops presentations/handouts, and coordinates and facilitates outreach presentations for target high
schools, parents, and community agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works some evenings and weekends, and travels as required.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health, Business, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in managing and implementing academic, workforce development, or community service programs.
- Minimum one year of supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work with students individually and in groups.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple shifting priorities simultaneously.
- Must display professional demeanor, and positive attitude and self-image.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of first-generation and low-income students; understanding of cross-cultural values regarding education; and ability to establish rapport with target population.
- Must receive favorable clearance reports from background check, Live Scan fingerprinting, tuberculosis screening, and drug screening.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, highly preferred.
- Preference for candidates knowledgeable about health-related career pathways.
Computer & Software Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Applications.
- Experience with database management.
- Advanced ADP WorkforceNow user.
- Advanced social media skills.
- Occasional local travel.
Must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current vehicle insurance, and a driving record that meets the TELACU Education Foundation insurer’s criteria; must be able to use own vehicle in the course of work.
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Talking and hearing – Clear speech and good hearing both face to face and on the phone; hears well in noisy social environments.
- Seeing – Clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses; vision sufficient to drive motor vehicles safely with or without corrective lenses.
Reasoning & Mental Abilities:
Uses critical thinking skills to interpret information furnished in written, oral, or schedule form, and to analyze more complex documents like agreements and contracts. Makes sound decisions and sets goals based on available information; evaluates situations and requirements to plan and adjust work accordingly.
Projects accurate future occurrences based on current or historic data. Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision; make decisions about the severity of variable situations and evaluate the most appropriate response; make appropriate decisions related to customer requests.
Work Environment & Exposures:
Position may require occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, vibration, and loud noise levels.
Will be exposed to varying weather conditions, soil, pollen, grass and plant materials, and fertilizer while working; will be exposed to cleaning solutions of home strength; may be exposed to industrial strength solutions for pest control, paints, or solvents.
Equipment Use: Computer, keyboard, mouse, phone, copy machine, fax machine, stamp machine, binding machine, and laminating machine.
Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by the first day of work. A copy of the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card must be submitted to Human Resources.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a résumé and cover letter to . Please specifically reference the full position title for which you are applying and include the job code associated with the position.
The TELACU Education Foundation is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion or religious creed, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other federal, state, or local protected status.